Senior Full Stack Developer
🎧 Are you looking for a workplace where everyone secretly listens to Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 (while crying on the inside)?
⚔️ Where your colleagues lack creativity, freedom and respect?
🦄 And where unicorn headbands and nerf guns never see broad daylight?
If yes, stop reading. We’re probably not a good match.
Ah, you’re still reading? Great!
Once upon a time, there were two guys who studied at the Design Academy Eindhoven and loved DJing at parties: Pieter-Jan and Robin. Both coming from entrepreneurial families, they started a successful digital innovation agency named OWOW, meaning the ‘Omnipresent World of Wizkids’. The dictionary defines a wizkid as “a person who is unusually intelligent, clever, or successful, especially at an early age.” Robin and Pieter-Jan run the agency with one motto in mind: not seriously running a serious business.
Today, a team of 30+ wizkids design and develop jaw–dropping digital products to be loved by millions. We strive to be the best in the industry. However, we realize excellence and talent are not enough to become the leader in the industry. That’s why our most important values are ambitious and fun, while remaining professional and truthful. We realize we cannot strive for great processes and results with egos in the room, so we leave them at the door, or even better: at home.
🚀 About your role and the team
Due to rapid growth we are looking for a senior full stack developer, to join our team on projects for our clients and our ventures. You are a leader, have an entrepreneurial mindset and have a broad knowledge of the tools, techniques and programming languages needed to create award winning digital products. Therefore, you will take care of the complete stack. From building web applications to testing, monitoring and logging the developed software.
💡 Your experience and knowledge
- You have a MBO/HBO mindset
- You have a strong experience with building distributed, scalable, performant and asynchronous backend applications in the cloud, such as AWS and GCP.
- You can speak Dutch, English,
Dothraki🐉 but most importantly code
- You are comfortable leading a team, but always open to feedback
- You have a hands-on, structured working style
- You are passionate about process optimization and efficiency
- You are a true problem solver and an optimistic individual
🏎️ Insane stunt bonus!
- Shopify Experience
- Experience in creating custom Shopify theme using Liquid
- Knowledge in CSS frameworks: Bootstrap or Tailwind
- Experience in writing automated tests for backend and frontend
- Speaking Japanese is a big +
🔥 What we offer you in return
- Full-time skill development
- Competitive salary
- A great deal of freedom to seize opportunities and take responsibility
- Delicious lunch with amazing colleagues (if you’re at the office)
- A health coach, for your body and your mind
- The freedom to work remotely
- Beers & Stories every Friday (on- and offline), followed with burgers
- An awesome office located nearby Eindhoven’s Central Station (the train wash unit is our friendly neighbor)
- Party nights with Pieter-Jan and Robin behind the DJ decks
Are you the next wizkid that meets the qualifications? Apply nOWOW via the form below and add your resume, motivation and portfolio (websites/ applications and Github). Make sure to do so before June 8!
Do you think you got what it takes? write us and tell us why...
We take our work very seriously, more so than ourselves and therefore have a lot of fun in our work. Do you have a good sense of humor (or bad-depending on who you ask) and recognise yourself in the profile described above? Please submit your CV and motivation alongside a (digital) portfolio.