Senior Android Developer
Are you looking for a workplace where everyone secretly listens to Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 (while crying on the inside)? Where your colleagues lack creativity, freedom and respect? And where unicorn headbands and nerf guns never see broad daylight? If yes, stop reading. We’re probably not a good match.
Ah, you’re still reading? Great!
Let’s start at the beginning. Once upon a time there were two guys who studied at the Design Academy Eindhoven: Robin and Pieter-Jan. You might assume the bromance started while doing a Design Academy related project, but it actually began while DJing at parties. Both coming from entrepreneurial families, they soon learned it was their mutual dream to run a successful digital innovation agency with one motto in mind: not seriously running a serious business.
This led to the birth of OWOW, meaning the ‘Omnipresent World of Wizkids’. The dictionary defines a wizkid as “a person who is unusually intelligent, clever, or successful especially at an early age.” Today, a team of 30+ ambitious wizkids design and develop software with soul that reaches people globally. We’re striving to be the best in the industry, and we’re well on our way to becoming that. However, we realize excellence and talent is not enough to become the leader in the industry. That’s why our most important values are ambitious and fun, while remaining professional and truthful. We cannot strive for great processes and results with egos in the room, so we leave them at the door, or even better: at home.
About your role and the team
Our team of wizkids is in need of a Senior Android Developer because our current senior developer is taking on another challenge in the OWOW team. We can only applaud growth on a professional and personal level, and that’s why we’re on the hunt for the next wizkid who’s ready to deliver anything but world class. You can build and code at a senior level, but you’ll also have the opportunity and our trust to build and grow our Android team in the future.
Let’s get specific. This is what you’ll be doing
- You build digital products yourself, while also guiding the team
- You’re the go-to person for the junior developers. Always, anytime
- You know how to build a strong team that’s ready for the next step
- You know how to provide extensive feedback
- You solve problems on a day to day basis without losing your enthusiasm and positivity
- You know how to establish priorities, objectives and deliverables and deliver on time
- You know how to think of new features, sometimes before the client mentions them
- You’re skilled at thinking along and finding solutions with clients and project managers
- You have a keen eye for process optimisation and efficiency
Your experience and knowledge
- You have 3-5 years of startup, scaleup or agency experience
- You preferably have experience in a senior role. If not, convince us why you’re ready for the next step in your career
- You speak English,
Dutch, Japanese, Dothraki🐉 and dare to speak your mind
- You’re based in the Netherlands or Belgium.
- You have a solid understanding and proven experience of Android Studio, Android SDK, Kotlin, Kotlin coroutines and testing tools for Android development
- You know how to work with LiveData and MVVM
- You’re experienced with Git, Scrum and other Agile development methodologies
- You’re comfortable working in a team and you’re no stranger to feedback
- You have a hands on, structured working style
- Knowledge about the Atlassian suite (JIRA and Confluence) is nice, not a must
- Knowledge of Jetpack Compose gives you MANY bonus points
What we offer you in return
- A competitive salary
- Full-time skill development
- A great deal of freedom to seize opportunities and take responsibility
- Delicious lunch with amazing colleagues
- A fit health coach, for your body and your mind
- The freedom to work remotely
- An awesome office located nearby Eindhoven’s Central Station (the train wash unit is our friendly neighbour)
- Beers & Stories every Friday (on- and offline), followed by burgers
- Party nights with Pieter-Jan and Robin behind the DJ decks
Are you the next wizkid that meets the qualifications? Apply nOWOW!
Do you think you got what it takes? write us and tell us why...
We take our work very seriously, more so than ourselves and therefore have a lot of fun in our work. Do you have a good sense of humor (or bad-depending on who you ask) and recognise yourself in the profile described above? Please submit your CV and motivation alongside a (digital) portfolio.