🎧 Are you looking for a workplace where everyone secretly listens to Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 (while crying on the inside)?
⚔️ Where your colleagues lack creativity, freedom and respect?
🦄 And where unicorn headbands and nerf guns never see broad daylight?
If yes, stop reading. We’re probably not a good match.
Ah, you’re still reading? Great!
Let’s start at the beginning. Once upon a time there were two guys who studied at the Design Academy Eindhoven: Robin and Pieter-Jan. You might assume the bromance started while doing a Design Academy related project, but it actually began while DJing at parties. Both coming from entrepreneurial families, they soon learned it was their mutual dream to run a successful digital innovation agency with one motto in mind: not seriously running a serious business.
This led to the birth of OWOW, meaning the ‘Omnipresent World of Wizkids’. The dictionary defines a wizkid as “a person who is unusually intelligent, clever, or successful especially at an early age.” Today, a team of 30+ ambitious wizkids design and develop software with soul that reaches people globally. We’re striving to be the best in the industry, and we’re well on our way to becoming that. However, we realize excellence and talent is not enough to become the leader in the industry. That’s why our most important values are ambitious and fun, while remaining professional and truthful. We cannot strive for great processes and results with egos in the room, so we leave them at the door, or even better: at home.
🚀 About your role and the team
Our team of wizkids is in need of an Operations Manager, since we are looking to ready our agency for further sustainable growth. OWOW has already grown quite a bit over the last few years and we’re looking for someone who can continue to optimize our company processes, together with a team. You already have a couple years of experience in a similar role in the industry and you’re not afraid to change things up to ensure the agency is ready for further sustainable growth. Within the agency you oversee HR, Finance and other daily operations. You’ll work closely together with the CEO’s to ensure we reach our goals and stay on track of our vision and long term strategy.
🧑💻 Let’s get specific. This is what you’ll be doing
- You’re responsible for smooth operations of all HR, Finance and other organizational processes.
- You contribute to long-term strategy, planning and organizational sustainability.
- You develop, implement and monitor standard operating procedures.
- You’re responsible for all legal agreements made with clients and external partners.
- You ensure the agency’s processes and procedures are legally compliant.
- You manage the team project planning together with the project managers to ensure productivity and efficiency.
- You forecast financially together with the CEO’s to maintain a financially healthy agency.
- You are responsible for timely invoicing of all projects.
- You collaborate closely with the Financial Manager and HR assistant to improve the Finance & HR procedures for the agency.
- You collaborate closely with external parties like our accountant, legal partner, insurance partner and the external health and safety service (Arbodienst).
💡 Your experience and knowledge
- You have a minimum of +/- 5 years of proven experience as an Operations Manager or a similar role in a similar company/industry.
- You speak English, Dutch
and Dothraki🐉 and dare to speak your mind.
- You’re based in the Netherlands or Belgium.
- Great leadership, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to keep an eye on both short and long term objectives of the agency.
- You’re flexible, self-disciplined and able to work under pressure.
- Experience with Lean/Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with Google Drive, Docs and Spreadsheets is a plus.
🔥 What we offer you in return
- A competitive salary
- Full-time skill development
- A great deal of freedom to seize opportunities and take responsibility
- Delicious lunch with amazing colleagues
- A health coach, for your body and your mind
- The freedom to work remotely
- An awesome office located nearby Eindhoven’s Central Station (the train wash unit is our friendly neighbour)
- Beers & Stories every Friday (on- and offline), followed by burgers
- Party nights with Pieter-Jan and Robin behind the DJ decks
Are you the next wizkid that meets the qualifications? Apply nOWOW!
Do you think you got what it takes? write us and tell us why...
We take our work very seriously, more so than ourselves and therefore have a lot of fun in our work. Do you have a good sense of humor (or bad-depending on who you ask) and recognise yourself in the profile described above? Please submit your CV and motivation alongside a (digital) portfolio.