Medior iOS Developer
🎧 Are you looking for a workplace where everyone secretly listens to Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 (while crying on the inside)?
⚔️ Where your colleagues lack creativity, freedom and respect?
🦄 And where unicorn headbands and nerf guns never see broad daylight?
If yes, stop reading. We’re probably not a good match.
Still reading? Please continue reading! And find out about our latest vacancy below.
Once upon a time, there were two guys who studied at the Design Academy Eindhoven and loved DJing at parties: Pieter-Jan and Robin. Both coming from entrepreneurial families, they started a successful digital innovation agency named OWOW, meaning the ‘Omnipresent World of Wizkids’. The dictionary defines a wizkid as “a person who is unusually intelligent, clever, or successful, especially at an early age.” Robin and Pieter-Jan run the agency with one motto in mind: not seriously running a serious business.
Today, a team of 30+ wizkids design and develop jaw-dropping digital products to be loved by millions. We strive to be the best in the industry. However, we realize excellence and talent are not enough to become the leader in the industry. That’s why our most important values are ambitious and fun, while remaining professional and truthful. We realize we cannot strive for great processes and results with egos in the room, so we leave them at the door, or even better: at home.
🚀 About your role and the team
In your role, you will focus on Native iOS development in Swift and you will work alongside the Android team, design team, and web team. We always aim to create products that people love and fully understand, so all of our products must have high-quality UX & UI. Are you tired of building your views with UIKit? At OWOW, we build all our apps with SwiftUI – there’s very little UIKit left. In short: we offer you a place where you can grow, learn and experiment while having a lot of fun too!
💡 Your experience and knowledge
- MBO/HBO mindset
- Preferably 3-5 years of work experience, but if you think you can handle the hassle, give it a shot! We’re always looking for ambitious wizkids
- You have a good grasp of UI design patterns
- You have a solid understanding of Swift and iOS SDK (including SwiftUI)
- You are comfortable working with Git and Github
- You have experience in working with HTTP/JSON API’s
- You have a hands-on, structured working style
- You are passionate about modern Swift code and app architecture
- You can speak Dutch or English,
Dothraki🐉 , but most importantly code
🛵 Insane stunt bonus!
- You know your way around (native) Android apps as well
- You have experience working with Fastlane and the Swift Package Manager
- You are used to automated testing (UI tests, unit tests, snapshot tests) as well as CI/CD platforms like Github actions
- You are experienced with reactive programming patterns like Apple’s Combine
- You have experience deploying to the App Store
- You have React Native Knowledge
🔥 What we offer you in return
- Full-time skill development
- Competitive salary
- A great deal of freedom to seize opportunities and take responsibility
- Delicious lunch with amazing colleagues (if you’re at the office)
- A health coach, for your body and your mind
- The freedom to work remotely
- Beers & Stories every Friday (on- and offline), followed by burgers
- An awesome office located nearby Eindhoven Central Station (the train wash unit is our friendly neighbor)
- Party nights with Pieter-Jan and Robin behind the DJ decks
Are you the next wizkid that meets the qualifications? Apply nOWOW via the form below and add your resume, motivation and portfolio (websites/ applications and Github). Make sure to apply before the closing date as mentioned on the vacancy overview page.
Do you think you got what it takes? write us and tell us why...
We take our work very seriously, more so than ourselves and therefore have a lot of fun in our work. Do you have a good sense of humor (or bad-depending on who you ask) and recognise yourself in the profile described above? Please submit your CV and motivation alongside a (digital) portfolio.