React Native Developer
🎧 Are you looking for an internship where everyone secretly listens to Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 (while crying on the inside)?
⚔️ Where your colleagues don’t treat you like an equal wizkid?
🦄 And where unicorn headbands and nerf guns never see broad daylight?
If yes, stop reading. We’re probably not a good match.
Still reading? Please continue reading! And find out about our latest internship below.
Once upon a time, there were two guys who studied at the Design Academy Eindhoven and loved DJing at parties: Pieter-Jan and Robin. Both coming from entrepreneurial families, they started a successful digital innovation agency named OWOW, meaning the ‘Omnipresent World of Wizkids’. The dictionary defines a wizkid as “a person who is unusually intelligent, clever, or successful, especially at an early age.” Robin and Pieter-Jan run the agency with one motto in mind: not seriously running a serious business.
Today, a team of 30+ wizkids design and develop jaw-dropping digital products to be loved by millions. We strive to be the best in the industry. However, we realize excellence and talent are not enough to become the leader in the industry. That’s why our most important values are ambitious and fun, while remaining professional and truthful. We realize we cannot strive for great processes and results with egos in the room, so we leave them at the door, or even better: at home.
🚀 About you & your role
We love to give highly motivated students a chance to work at a fast-growing agency in the center of Eindhoven. As an ambitious junior React Native developer, you are fond of mobile apps and you develop them with high precision and efficiency. Besides that, you are a team player who strives for perfect code and cutting-edge apps. You are ready to expand your skills and knowledge and bring it to the next level. 💪
The internship period is 5 to 6 months, an internship allowance is possible (in consultation).
💡 Your experience and knowledge
- You have experience with React / React Native
- You know how to work with with Git, State Management Library (redux, mobx)
- You are familiar with Agile development methodologies
- You can speak and write Dutch and/or English
🏎️ Insane stunt bonus!
- Experience with Native Android and/or iOS & knowledge of Firebase
🔥 What we offer you in return
- Full-time skill development
- A great deal of freedom to learn and take responsibility
- Delicious lunch with amazing colleagues (if you’re at the office)
- A health coach, for your body and your mind
- An awesome office located nearby Eindhoven Central Station (the train wash unit is our friendly neighbor)
- Beers & Stories every Friday (on- and offline), followed by burgers
- Party nights with Pieter-Jan and Robin behind the DJ decks
Are you the next wizkid that meets the qualifications? Apply nOWOW via the form below and add your resume, motivation and portfolio. Make sure to do so before June 30.
Do you think you got what it takes? write us and tell us why...
We take our work very seriously, more so than ourselves and therefore have a lot of fun in our work. Do you have a good sense of humor (or bad-depending on who you ask) and recognise yourself in the profile described above? Please submit your CV and motivation alongside a (digital) portfolio.