Digital Product Manager
🎧 Are you looking for a workplace where everyone secretly listens to Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 (while crying on the inside)?
⚔️ Where your colleagues lack creativity, freedom and respect?
🦄 And where unicorn headbands and nerf guns never see broad daylight?
If yes, stop reading. We’re probably not a good match.
Still reading? Please continue reading! And find out about our latest vacancy below.
Once upon a time, there were two guys who studied at the Design Academy Eindhoven and loved DJing at parties: Pieter-Jan and Robin. Both coming from entrepreneurial families, they started a successful digital innovation agency named OWOW, meaning the ‘Omnipresent World of Wizkids’. The dictionary defines a wizkid as “a person who is unusually intelligent, clever, or successful, especially at an early age.” Robin and Pieter-Jan run the agency with one motto in mind: not seriously running a serious business.
Today, a team of 30+ wizkids design and develop jaw-dropping digital products to be loved by millions. We strive to be the best in the industry. However, we realize excellence and talent are not enough to become the leader in the industry. That’s why our most important values are ambitious and fun, while remaining professional and truthful. We realize we cannot strive for great processes and results with egos in the room, so we leave them at the door, or even better: at home.
🚀 About your role and the team
Due to rapid growth, we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Product Manager to take our products to the next level! Managing the product process both internally and externally is your main responsibility. You’ll be involved in the quoting for new projects and leading those projects with your team. You’ll manage the translation from design to development, while you keep the client up to date in a positive way. In short: a great combination of project management, product management and product ownership.
🧑💻 Let’s get specific. This is what you’ll be doing
You will be the link between the client and the team. From the start to the delivery, you will provide structure and clear information about the product, project and process. It will be your responsibility to plan and budget, as well as to deliver a quality product. Some of the tasks you’ll find yourself doing:
- Client meetings for the project introduction and progress updates
- Planning and budgeting
- Working closely with your team on a daily basis, resulting in the best results
- Write the functional analysis
- Work in Jira and Confluence
- Discuss changes and feedback with design and development teams
- Celebrate when the project is delivered! 🥂
💡 Your experience and knowledge
- Preferably, you have at least 3 years of work experience within a digital agency or creative team in software development. (But if you think you can handle the hassle, give it a shot! We’re always looking for ambitious wizkids.)
- You have a client-based approach and disciplined attitude to deadlines
- You have the ability to plan and prioritize work
- You are familiar with Agile/Scrum principles, like working in sprints
- You have great communication skills on various levels
- You can speak and write Dutch, English
and Dothraki🐉 perfectly
- You are flexible, self-starting and stress resilient
- You like working independently but also do well within a team
- You are a true problem solver and an optimistic individual
- You live in or nearby Eindhoven, so you can be at the OWOW Office supporting your team!
🔥 What we offer you in return
- Full-time skill development
- Competitive salary
- A great deal of freedom to seize opportunities and take responsibility
- Delicious lunch with amazing colleagues (if you’re at the office)
- A health coach, for your body and your mind
- The freedom to work remotely
- Beers & Stories every Friday (on- and offline), followed by burgers
- An awesome office located nearby Eindhoven Central Station (the train wash unit is our friendly neighbor)
- Party nights with Pieter-Jan and Robin behind the DJ decks 🕺
Are you the next wizkid that meets the qualifications? Apply nOWOW via the form below and add your resume, motivation and portfolio. Make sure to apply before the closing date as mentioned on the vacancy overview page.
Do you think you got what it takes? write us and tell us why...
We take our work very seriously, more so than ourselves and therefore have a lot of fun in our work. Do you have a good sense of humor (or bad-depending on who you ask) and recognise yourself in the profile described above? Please submit your CV and motivation.