Medior Android Developer
🎧 Are you looking for a workplace where everyone secretly listens to Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 (while crying on the inside)?
⚔️ Where your colleagues lack creativity, freedom and respect?
🦄 And where unicorn headbands and nerf guns never see broad daylight?
If yes, stop reading. We’re probably not a good match.
Still reading? Please continue reading! And find out about our latest vacancy below.
Once upon a time, there were two guys who studied at the Design Academy Eindhoven and loved DJing at parties: Pieter-Jan and Robin. Both coming from entrepreneurial families, they started a successful digital innovation agency named OWOW, meaning the ‘Omnipresent World of Wizkids’. The dictionary defines a wizkid as “a person who is unusually intelligent, clever, or successful, especially at an early age.” Robin and Pieter-Jan run the agency with one motto in mind: not seriously running a serious business.
Today, a team of 30+ wizkids design and develop jaw-dropping digital products to be loved by millions. We strive to be the best in the industry. However, we realize excellence and talent are not enough to become the leader in the industry. That’s why our most important values are ambitious and fun, while remaining professional and truthful. We realize we cannot strive for great processes and results with egos in the room, so we leave them at the door, or even better: at home.
🚀 About your role and the team
In your role, you will focus on Native Android development with Kotlin (meaning, no Java) and you will work alongside the iOS team, design team and web team. From time to time, we will also have projects that are made with Kotlin multiplatform mobile (KMM). We always aim to create products that people love and fully understand, so all of our products must have UX & UI. Do you get tired of creating views using XML? At OWOW, we build all new views using Jetpack Compose. In short: we offer you a place where you can grow, learn and experiment while having a lot of fun too!
💡 Your experience and knowledge
- MBO/HBO mindset
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience, but if you think you can handle the hassle, give it a shot! We’re always looking for ambitious wizkids
- You have a solid understanding of Kotlin, Git and the Android SDK
- You have experience in working with HTTP/JSON API’s
- You are passionate about modern Kotlin and app architecture, knowledge of MVVM and coroutines
- You have a hands-on, structured working style
- You are excited about process optimization and efficiency
- You can speak Dutch or English,
Dothraki🐉 , but most importantly code
🛵 Insane stunt bonus!
- You have experience with Jetpack Compose
- You know your way around iOS apps
- You are used to automated testing (UI tests, unit tests, snapshot tests) as well as CI/CD platforms like Github actions.
- You have React Native Knowledge
- You have experience deploying to the Play Store
🔥 What we offer you in return
- Full-time skill development
- Competitive salary
- The freedom to choose your preferred operating system: Linux, Windows, or Mac
- A great deal of freedom to seize opportunities and take responsibility
- Delicious lunch with amazing colleagues (if you’re at the office)
- A health coach, for your body and your mind
- The freedom to work remotely
- Beers & Stories every Friday (on- and offline), followed by burgers
- An awesome office located nearby Eindhoven Central Station (the train wash unit is our friendly neighbor)
- Party nights with Pieter-Jan and Robin behind the DJ decks
Are you the next wizkid that meets the qualifications? Apply nOWOW via the form below and add your resume, motivation and portfolio (websites/ applications and Github). Make sure to apply before the closing date as mentioned on the vacancy overview page.
Do you think you got what it takes? write us and tell us why...
We take our work very seriously, more so than ourselves and therefore have a lot of fun in our work. Do you have a good sense of humor (or bad-depending on who you ask) and recognise yourself in the profile described above? Please submit your CV and motivation alongside a (digital) portfolio.